Applicants with German educational qualifications need to apply via the university’s application portal Onlinecampus.
Applications for the winter semester are possible from May onwards. You can apply for the summer semester from November on.
- Register in the university’s online application portal (including confirmation by e-mail).
- Enter all of the necessary details.
- Submit your application for enrolment online.
- Print out and sign your registration request – letter of acceptance.
- For programmes with no admission restrictions only: Submit your registration request – letter of acceptance with all of the necessary documents in due time either by post or in person.
- Check the university’s online application portal regularly. You can find out about the status of your application and any missing documents there at any time.
For programmes with admission restrictions and programmes with an aptitude test, it is sufficient if you initially upload your documents (e.g. certificates) only in the online portal. If we are able to offer you a place, you submit the documents in paper form together with the registration request – letter of acceptance. You will receive further information directly in the online portal.
Please note: The registration request – letter of acceptance must still be submitted by post or in person to the university by the application deadline.
- Nationals of EU member states do not need a visa to study in Germany.
- Nationals of non-EU states can find the current visa requirements on the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.
An enrolment certificate is needed for the visa appointment.
In some countries it can take a very long time to get an appointment at the German embassy. Therefore, it is recommended to book a visa appointment as early as possible, even if the applicant has not received the enrolment certificate yet. However, it is important to bring the enrolment certificate to the visa appointment.
Nationals of non-EU states must demonstrate, when applying for a visa, that they have sufficient financial means (currently €861 per month) for the first year of their studies.
Notice of admission
Applications for programmes with no admission restrictions are processed continuously. Notices of admission will be sent by the university via the university’s Onlinecampus portal.
For programmes with admission restrictions that start in the winter semester, you will be informed of the results of the admission procedure via the university’s Onlinecampus portal from the beginning of August on.
For programmes with an aptitude test, applicants are informed of the result in the university’s Onlinecampus portal after the department has evaluated the test.
As soon as you have received a Letter of Acceptance, please reply to the acceptance of your place of study:
- Submit a paper Application for Admission (by post or in person).
- Submit any missing officially certified copy of your documents (by post or in person).
- Transfer the semester fee.
Only then the enrolment is completed.
The enrolment certificate and the student ID card will then be sent by post (within Germany) or by e-mail (outside Germany).
Dates and deadlines
|winter semester||summer semester|
|Start of semester
||1 October||1 April|
|Programmes with no admission restrictions||15 September||15 March|
|Programmes with admission restrictions||31 July|
|Programmes with an aptitude test||31 May||30 November|
|Programme Sustainable Resources, Engineering and Mangement (StREaM)