Bachelor of Engineering: Susstainable Resources, Engineering and Management (StREaM)
Application with foreign qualifications
— 01 Admission requirements
HIGHER EDUCATION ENTRANCE QUALIFICATION:
An entrance qualification for the German higher education system is a general prerequisite for admittance to the programme of study. This can be provided in the form of:
- Higher education entrance qualification acquired abroad
- International Baccalaureat (IB)
- Academic degree acquired abroad
The DAAD database on admission requirements allows international students to check whether their higher education entrance qualification is recognised in Germany.
For programmes without limited admission numbers such as StREaM, there is no selection procedure.
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and applies in due form and time will be admitted to the course.
The language of instruction is English. Evidence of English language knowledge must be provided at Level B2 or above according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR). Evidence of the necessary English language skills can be provided in the form of:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), iBT 72-94 points
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System), points 5.0
- telc B2 –Certificate
- UNIcert II
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
In the case of university entrance qualifications from Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand or the USA or a degree completed there, no further certificates of English language skills need to be submitted. The same applies to any other degree completed in English.
If university entrance is not possible with an existing qualification, it is possible to contact a preparatory college („Studienkolleg“).
Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences does not have its own preparatory college. The state-run preparatory college responsible for our institution is located at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Köthen. It specifically prepares foreign applicants for a course of studies in Germany.
A private preparatory college in Magdeburg can be found under: Europäisches Studienkolleg der Wirtschaft (ESKW)
The following courses are possible: T-course, TI-course, W-course, WW-course
— 02 Online application via uni-assist
Applicants with foreign educational qualifications need to apply via uni-assist.
As a joint institution of German universities, uni-assist carries out an expert examination of all admission requirements, for which it charges a fee. Applicants who start studying at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences can apply to the university for a refund of the uni-assist fees.
The application period is November.
Online application procedure:
- Create your account in the uni-assist portal.
- Prepare all documents required for the application.
- Enter „Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences“ in the search bar at uni-assist.
- Select your degree programme.
- Pay the fees.
- Follow the steps and upload the required documents.
- You’re done! Submit your application.
- Check the uni-assist portal regularly. You can find out about the status of your application and any missing documents there at any time.
It can take several weeks for uni-assist to check your application documents.
Once it has positively verified that all admission requirements have been met, uni-assist forwards the application on to us. Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences then makes the decision concerning admission. Then applicants will communicate directly with the university via the university’s online application portal. The admissions and application procedure at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences is free of charge.
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification and its translation (including the overview of subjects and grades)
- Evidence of the necessary language skills
- Curriculum vitae (complete, chronological)
- Passport (The copy only needs to contain the page with your picture and your personal data.)
- Proof of having passed a university entrance exam (If you have passed an university entrance exam in your country of origin, please submit the relevant certificate.)
- Proof of study periods and translation and its translation
The application via uni-assist is an online application. Upload your certificates in their original language and as a translation into German or English. Translations must be carried out by a certified translator and must be stamped and signed. If you get admission, you must submit your certificates as an officially certified copy to the university with the application for enrolment.
— 03 After Application
- Nationals of EU member states do not need a visa to study in Germany
- Nationals of non-EU states can find the current visa requirements on the website of the German Federal Foreign Office
For the visa appointment an enrolment certificate is needed. In some countries, it can take a very long time until an appointment can be made at the German Embassy. In this case, it is recommended that you book an appointment early and keep it later with the enrolment certificate.
An enrolment certificate is needed for the visa appointment.
In some countries it can take a very long time to get an appointment at the German embassy. Therefore, we recommend that you book your visa appointment as early as possible, even if you do not have your enrolment certificate yet. However, it is important that you have your enrolment certificate at the visa appointment.
Students who are citizens of non-EU countries must demonstrate when applying for a visa that they have sufficient financial means (currently €853 per month) for the first year of their studies.
NOTES OF ADMISSION:
Applications for unrestricted admission degree programmes are processed continuously. Notices of admission will be sent by the university via the university’s Onlinecampus portal.
Once an admission notice has been received, the university place can be accepted by submitting the required documentation, and transfering the payment of the semester fee. Only then the enrolment is completed.
After that, it’s possible to apply for a refund of the uni-assist fees.